Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blog Anthology, Posts 166 - 180

My primary blog has moved to LaneBailey.com...

Continuing the quick journey through my posts...

I delivered my October/November Market Update. I have changed over to including absorption rate for Gwinnett County, GA on the market reports. I also corrected numbers from August and September that changed in my source files. Look for the November/December report on LaneBailey.com next week.

In Making the change from Blogger to WordPress, I announced that I made the change... duh.

Rock Crawling and Realty is little more than a thinly veiled ploy to throw in some nice crawling footage. I did tie in the teamwork that goes into a smooth real estate transaction to the teamwork that goes into a successful course navigation in competition rock crawling.

Just about everyone in the real estate blogosphere has weighed in with their Thoughts on the Foreclosure Bailout. I'm no different. where I am different than half of the pundits is that I don't like it... the other half do. I tried to lay out a case clearly why this is a bad idea.

I was shocked (and dare I say horrified) when the National Association of REALTORS came out with their forecast for the market next year... and it agreed with my forecast. I have made no secret of my distrust of their numbers... Is a clear sky blue? If the NAR announced, I'd have to run out and check...

On a blog community that I participate in, a question was asked about green technology and unlimited budgets... It was in reference to Brad Pitt's Project Pink. I gave my top five in Project Pink... or Green.. or whatever... but I couldn't NOT think about the budget.

I decided to compare three different listing sources for accuracy and completeness. Who is the winner? MLS? Zillow? Trulia? Follow the link and find out in my unscientific survey.

I gave away some free Atlanta Thrashers hockey tickets... with a parking pass... free...

I posted up a couple of different gratuitous videos that were all about the fun.
Real estate is suffering as a market. There are all kinds of ways to spin the news, but a lot of people in the business say Let's just blame the media... or not. I don't think the media is really to blame. The have a place at the table, but there are a lot of places at the table, and plenty of blame to go around... if "blame" is deserved.

Warning... gratuitous hockey video. Actually, I was able to connect it to real estate. But, who can watch Ilya Kovalchuk highlights and not have fun... Hockey and real estate.

Finally, something with a picture in the post... Lane's Top Ten (or so) List is a compilation of car magazines that you may or may not have heard of. All of the magazines are loaded with top ten lists this time of year, so I just wanted to turn the tables a bit.

That brings us up to 180. I don't know if I'm going to wait a whole week for the next one, because I'm trying to catch up so that I can update this with the posts from only the previous week...

No comments: