Saturday, July 21, 2007

Welcome to the Garage with a Detached Home

Welcome to my world. Let me start by saying "welcome." Take off your jacket and stay a while. Post up questions, comments and impressions. I'll be happy to answer what I can.

I'm a real estate agent in the Atlanta, GA area. I tend to look at property a little differently that most of my peers, though. To start with, I tend to get caught up in the garage. As a car guy, I'm always looking at the toy storage area. A two car garage just isn't making it. One good project can load up two or three bays without too much fuss. I also like to see a lot of power outlets, and even 220v outlets.

Now, I'm not a one trick pony. I do pay attention to the rest of the house. As a former professional photographer, I am detail oriented, and I have a good eye for design. Just like most other agents, I look at the window treatments, counter top materials, and flooring. I look at the number and size of bedrooms. I know why a laundry room should be near the bedrooms, and what constitutes a proper work triangle in the kitchen.

Anyway, I plan on posting up comments about houses and garages I visit, as well as information about real estate in general, and the local market in particular. Feel free to ask questions, make comments, and just say "Hi." If you want to have me list your house and/or sell you a house, that's cool, too.

No comments: