Saturday, September 22, 2007

Where is the cool garage stuff?

I need to find more cool garage stuff. So, off to Google I go... hhm..

I try to type in cool garage toys to see if I can come up with... cool garage toys, or at least some websites about cool garage toys. What did I get? Number one was watches. Watches. This is an organic result. Ok, I can move on. Boy, there are a lot of garage sales with cool toys... Poo. I better change it out.

Let's alter the search and try cool garage stuff. I like stuff... especially cool stuff for the garage. Wow. I thought there were a lot of garage sales before. Craigslist seems to own cool garage stuff. The other popular result had to do with garage bands... Cool cars belong in cool garages, not bands.

I did run across Coker Tire. They make new old tires. If you need a period correct tire for your resto project, these are the people to talk to. Whether you need Red Lines for a muscle car, or a set of tires for your Model T, they will have them. Tool Storage

Ok, I guess I need to be more specific. Let's try cool garage tools. Google gave me cool tools: garage sale maps. There was a link to some SERIOUSLY boring stuff that Popular Science was hawking. Oh wait... this isn't a tool, but it involves tools, and would live in a garage (yep, I'm not going to say what it is, just go look). after digging back a few pages, I was able to find a ratcheting breaker bar that can handle 376 lbs/ft of torque. Then I hit another site. While I really like diamond plate... I think this is going a little too far.

But, linking back from there I came across the vendor, car guy garage. There is some pretty cool storage stuff there. The pic at right gives you an idea of what $3200 and change will get you. Of course, if you want to buy moreVon Dutch Fridge cool, there is always a refrigerator. They have these in several styles for around $3400. Expensive, but cool costs money, right? Of course, a real garage geek will have a LOT of tools that need a home... so, here is a nice option... for about $7500. Tool Storage

Keep in mind that I haven't used these guys (yet). Boy, it look a lot of surfing to find what I was looking for, but I was able to come across some more stuff. I will admit I have found plenty of options for tool storage. I'm always on the lookout for cool stuff for the garage.

No comments: