Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blog Anthology, Posts 106-115

What? Only 10 posts this time? What's up, Lane?

Well, I have just about caught up. After the ten I present today, the posts are from the Blog Anthology. Going forward, I will try to summarize every two weeks or so. I was just a slacker for the last few months.

As we left off in the last blog anthology post, I had mentioned building a car-hobby centric subdivision around road racing, rock crawling or drag racing. Well... Are there any developers out there that want to go after an untapped market and build a community that offers something different? We already know that a Unique Selling Proposition can overcome broader market trends. Calling one developer.. you don't know who you are yet.

Everyone is talking about coaching... so I will too. Brittany, Owen, Kiefer and Paris... give me a call. Not only will I give you some good coaching, but I can sell you a house. And I obviously can't screw you up much more...

Countrywide Mortgage is up to its armpits in the sub-prime mortgage junk. So, the CEO tried to lay out a case as to why the government should bail them out. I'm not a fan. Where does this guy get his data?

There is a saying that is too prevalent in this industry. And I don't like it. So, what happens when I disagree with something? (everyone together) I write a post laying out a case against it... Buyer are liars... or not so much.

Three of my favorite words... and it isn't location, location, location... along with my former profession. Free, Free, FREE... Nifty open source photo editor.

Market Update for Gwinnett County, August 2007. I also announced a change in the timing because of the data not being released fast enough for me.

The Army Corps of Engineers is really getting under my skin. I haven't washed my truck in months. I don't water my yard. So, I wrote about the effects of Lake Lanier On droughts and mussels.

Back to the California "Bubble blog" guy, and his claim that housing is not as good of an investment as stocks... Off to the spreadsheet. I was truly SHOCKED by the data. What is a better investment?

I am going to be doing advertising for this site and my "new site" pretty soon, so I wanted to know, Does advertising need to be "good" to be effective?

Finally for this installment... I went Wandering through the DoJ website. For all of the complaining that they do about the NAR and disclosure in the real estate injury, they don't disclose some very important facts themselves. I think someone there got a crappy agent and now has a bit of a bent to beat up on the rest of us.

No comments: