Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Nothing, nothing, nothing... Jet blast!

I used to have a favorite writer named Satch Carlson. He wrote for Autoweek Magazine back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He had a statement that I have found to be prophetically true...

He was talking about the heater controls in an old truck. The fans speeds were "nothing, nothing, nothing and jet blast." How true is that?

I'm not talking about blower motors in old trucks right now, but rather life. Have you noticed that things never move along at an even pace? It seems like things sit for a while and then...

BANG.

But, I kind of like it... I like the slow times. I get to play with my son, and work on the Jeep. I like the frantic times too. I like rushing around, looking for the most efficient path. And then it is back to the slower pace. I can look back at the insanity and see how I can do better next time.

I guess if I just sat around waiting, I'd go crazy. Of course, if it weren't for the lulls... I'd go crazy, too.

My wife thinks I have a little cabin deep in crazy. She thinks she can already send me mail there...

Enjoy things for what they are.

No comments: